Skip to main content

| First Year Away From Home | 26/09/17 |

So for today's post, I am marking the end of my first year living away from home. It has been a crazy and wonderful first year experiencing the world from my new home away from my family, and I really have enjoyed every minute of it. Therefore, I deemed it was necessary to pop up a blog post so that I can reflect back to this day, and to remember the joyous first year away from home.

This time last year...


Despite the fact it doesn't even seem like all that long ago I was living back at home, getting my dinner cooked for me and my washing done, I do believe I have learned a great deal in this time. From learning to cook (a bit) to managing my time between social time, uni work and housework, it has all been such a great experience. I have become incredibly independent, and it is something I feel as though I have taken to really well, I love being independent and making my own way around the world. Learning to be brave and manage adult tasks has been interesting, and I have 'grown up' a lot this year. Moving out from your family home can be daunting, but I have thoroughly enjoyed each moment and am so glad I made that choice to go to university.

There are a few things that I feel are the most essential things to get to grips with when you're deciding to move away from home and I wanted to share them with you, so if you're on the cusp of moving out, and you want to know a bit more about what to expect, then keep reading.

CLEANING.
Cleaning is a big one. Living at home requires very little housework as a child/teen, so when you're moving into your new place, taking on the roles of housework is critical. For me, my mood is very much improved if I am sitting, working or eating in a clean and tidy environment, so managing your time accordingly to ensure you have some set time for housework is so important. I actually have a diary in which I make daily to-do lists, so I know if I need to do some housework I can slot it into my plans without struggle. Hoovering, dusting and cleaning should all be a part of your weekly life, so doing a bit daily is what helps me to refrain from laziness!

WASHING.
Growing up, I got into the habit of putting my washing in the basket and then it would magically appear clean and ironed in my room. However, when you move out you will certainly not get that same luxury treatment. I don't iron, I just wash, hang out my clothes to dry and quickly fold once dry, so apart from the occasional shirt, I avoid ironing at all costs - it's simply unnecessary in my opinion. All I would recommend when it comes to washing is, wash light coloured stuff together and consequently dark stuff together. You can't really go wrong there, and then you only have to do two washes per week or so - ideal!

COOKING.
Cooking is absolutely my worst nightmare. I don't mind baking, but honestly I hold no interest in the chore of cooking. For my first year of university I pretty much lived on cheesy pasta, ready meals, toast and nuggets. DO NOT DO THIS. It honestly makes your body feel like utter shit and its tremendously bad for you, just don't do it. I have more recently been trying to cook a bit more, very simple dishes admittedly but slightly healthier ones. Always have some frozen stuff in the freezer ready, just in case you're busy or don't have time to cook before a big night out ;) but generally, try your damnedest to cook because it is waaay better for your body.

So there are a few little tips from which I have learnt over the last year. If you are moving out soon, to university perhaps, then good luck, you will LOVE it!

I hope you all enjoyed this post, see ya next time.
Peace out x


'All pain you experience throughout your life will inevitably impact you in one way or another. You can either allow it to impede you and stop you dead in your tracks, or guide your path and drive you forward. Which it is all depends on how you choose to carry it.' Beau Taplin / Baggage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

Awkward trousers and cats?!

Happy Fashion Friday!  I actually feel like I've not posted in so long... It's only been a week though. Hmm.  So today I thought I would share with you something I've had for a while but it seems is coming back into fashion; flares! I bought these trousers from Asos just under a year ago, and I've not worn them too often, partly because they're such an awkward length that I'm never certain what to wear them with, but also because they're quite adventurous I feel. Since flares are coming back into fashion, these lovelies need to make an appearance!!  I'm going to say these trousers are essentially boot cut length, however I feel they are more like ankle swingers haha! They are undescribably comfortable, and the D ring belt pulls them in at the waistline so they're not sluggish - but stylish! Furthermore, I think in order for you to pull off flares, you need to tone everything down and make your trousers the ultimate statement and prominent aspect of y