Skip to main content

| Current Fashion Favourites - Trends, Colour & Print | 22/08/17 |

MORNING ALL! Today I have for you all yet another 'generic' style blog post that is most commonly associated with those of the YouTube users. But today, I bring to you, a blogging version of my Current Fashion Favourites. Buckle up lads, and enjoy...


1. Espadrilles
In terms of summer attire, I am not overly fond of sandals, and whilst I've been a sucker for sliders this season, I usually depend solely on closed toe shoes in the summer time. Espadrilles, for me, are perfect. They don't allow your feet to get too hot on a mid-summers day, and they look particularly gorgeous on the foot paired with a tea style dress or denim shorts; without the fuss of painting your toenails or being conscious about having your feet out, lol. Personally, these are my go-to shoes (if rain isn't predicted) and I have been wearing them absolutely endlessly this summer. They are so fundamental to my ideal summer wardrobe and I am obsessed. 


2. Floral Prints
Usually, I wouldn't be one for a floral print, because they represent quite girly attributes and I am far from girly. But to my surprise, this season I have gone in head first for this trend. I love ditsy floral prints at the moment, and dainty floral prints are just divine. I currently love a floral shirt/blouse, particularly as they can be carried through into Autumn and paired with a light wash denim jean and ankle boots - transitional! On a long term basis, I'm not sure how much floral I'll be wearing, and I feel as though this skirt may be a one-season love affair, to be seen later on eBay lol. I will try and incorporate this skirt into new looks and with new AW17 trends, but we shall see.

3. Hoop Earrings
For quite a while now, I have loved hooped earrings, and I find myself wearing small hoops on a daily basis, as I feel as though they can be quite expressive to an outfit, and can alter the vibes of an outfit entirely. Hooped earrings are so cool and chic, so they have the ability to transform a moderately basic outfit into something quirkier. They look great with everything, and I always reach for silver as all of my jewellery is silver so it coincides nicely. If you have any suggestions of brands that sell cool hooped earrings then please send them my way because I'd love to discover more designs!


4. Basic Crop Tops
Basic. That says it all really doesn't it. Anything basic is generally relatively versatile regardless of season or trends, and over the summer I have, much to my surprise, developed a liking towards basic crop tops. They can be used for layering, for adding a simple pop of colour into an outfit (like here in this post), they can be really practical in the sense they go with anything really, especially garments that are high waisted, so they're easy to throw on and be comfortable in. I am actually loving crop tops at the moment, unless I'm having a fat ugly day ;)! I just need that toned tum to go with them lol. 

5. Layering jewellery
I am a huge lover of jewellery, and have loved it since I was a child. My most desired kind of jewellery is without a doubt rings, and I have many that I wear on a daily basis and hate to have to take off from time to time. However, more recently I have been experimenting with necklaces, and how layering necklaces can really add something to a look. I have two currently, and am on the hunt for one of those 'Instagram famous' ones, you know the ones I mean, with all the little dangly bits hanging off the chain ;). But yes, so far so good, I am finding it so much fun to be creative with my accessories, as I am quite literally running out of fingers to pile rings upon!


I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I'll be coming at ya again with a slightly deeper, more punctuated post next time.
Peace out x


'It is necessary to keep your inner child alive and well. While our adulthood's are a relentless assault of unrealistic demands and enormous responsibility, the ever-curious inner child asks the vital questions, like, Why is this so important? and, Will this make me happy?' Beau Taplin / Inner Child

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

Angel brownies

Morning guys,  So yesterday I decided it would be fun to make some brownies but also adding a Christmas twist! So I whipped out my rose gold Angel cutter that I purchased from Sainsbury's - it's currently in the sale for something crazy like £1 and 'tried' to make some yummy festive treats. ALSO; this is my first baking themed blog post, therefore you have to let me off for poor aesthetics on the presentation front!!  YOU WILL NEED: 100G COCOA 250G BUTTER 500G CASTER SUGAR 4 BEATEN EGGS 100G SELF-RAISING FLOUR OPTIONAL: ICING SUGAR TO DUST So firstly, preheat the oven to 180-160 degrees Celsius and then you need to measure out the cocoa, butter and sugar, and pop them in a large saucepan. Keep the heat on the hob low, it just needs to gently melt the ingredients together. Keep mixing too, or it'll stick to the bottom of the pan which is no good! Then, once mixed together, beat your eggs, and slowly add to the mixture. Only add a little at a time, mix, then add a bit