Skip to main content

| Comfortable In Your Own Skin | 04/08/17 |

Morning all, I hope today brings you all things kind and positive. Following on from a few weeks ago, where I briefly spoke about ways in which I have allowed myself to be at my most natural, I thought it would only be right to provide a small update on how things have progressed since. In terms of makeup and mindset, how have the two months changed me as a person, or have they?


Ironically, in this post I have been 'glowed up' with a swipe of lip gloss, a pink lid, filled in eyebrows and a touch of highlight - although aside from the shoot for this post, I have refrained from wearing makeup completely recently. I must admit that at no point have I felt tempted to cover up my under-eye circles or blemishes. Initially, it was difficult to accept my makeup-less face in public especially, because I felt self conscious about what people would think in terms of having blemishes and spots. But having left my skin alone for long enough, the spots and blemishes have become smaller in my mind, and to my amazement, have physically disappeared too because I've not been smothering my skin in product. I do feel as though my skin is now much healthier and has a more natural glow that even my trusty BB cream can't quite compare with. A natural glow is so much more confidence boosting than a dewy coverage foundation. 


As I said in the previous post about self confidence, it really is all down to your mindset. Rather than focusing on the fact that your face is evidently bare and free from the makeup comfort blanket, try to use your creativity to make your fresh face all part of the look you're going for. Try throwing on something neutral, bohemian or a bunch of your wardrobe staples, to create a simple aesthetic to your look, that doesn't require a bold lip or heavy eye makeup. I don't know if that really makes sense to you guys, but that's kinda how I managed to boost my confidence when wearing a makeup-less face out in public, and now, I couldn't care less about what people think.

lol I'm so happy I can't keep my eyes open...

I do feel as though its much easier to feel better about your skin in the summer, because a slight tan and a bit of vitamin D does appear to make your skin flourish more so than in the bitterness of the winter. So, I feel as though the real challenge will be not wearing makeup when it draws closer to the winter because my skin does break out more during the colder months. But, I'm gonna try really hard to keep this fresh face thing up, because its making such a difference. I feel so happy in my skin recently, and its so refreshing!



If this post had the ability of inspiring you in any way, I hope its that you feel like you have the choice whether to wear makeup or not. Having the confidence to decide on your self image and the way in which you portray yourself to the world. Be a free spirit, if you feel most confident in a bright lip or severe contouring then go for it. If you are like me, and want to feel on top of the world at your most natural, then also just fucking go for it. You won't regret it. Be a free spirit and do what you need to do to feel the most beautiful version of you!


Peace out x


'I am working on learning how to be whole and free within myself, to acknowledge my brokenness, manifest my own happiness, and succeed and fail gracefully.' Beau Taplin / A Self Study

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...