Skip to main content

| A Classic Look Ft. Wooden Chair | 15/08/17 |


Picture this: its 6:30 pm on a Tuesday afternoon; the sun is peeping through the rain clouds from a showery day and I am sat, with a prominent smile upon my face having scored myself a great new job. A happy gal calls for an uplifting post...

Since posting more frequently on the blog, I feel the sense of urgency for these posts to maintain a creative spark, to prevent the mundane and consequently losing my readership because posts have lost their mojo. A few weeks ago, my sister and I experimented with the images I use for these posts, by firstly shooting inside, and having my sister do my makeup in a way I would never choose myself. I love this makeup look though, glowy! Also, I feel this post has an edge of intimacy about it, as the images are less about the physical clothes I am wearing, and more about the mood, the expression and the overall vibes these pictures create. (hence the bizarre tiny chair propped up on this stool - artzy lol).



With social media becoming such a huge platform for self expression and for business opportunities, it is increasingly more difficult for small-scale bloggers to make a mark in the internet realm, and with so much content available, finding a creative niche that hasn't already been done and spoken about by every other fashion blogger, is pretty impossible.

Therefore, this led me to conclude that maybe, sometimes, classic is the way to go. Trying too hard to find a creative flare can often end in a controversy and can be an absolute disaster. Equally, being creative can be mind-blowingly wonderful and take you new places. But for this post, funky chair aside, I'm keeping things classic. A simple black slip dress and a dewy look is all you need to feel fabulous sometimes. 


Striping a blog post back from all the loudness of trends, colour and layering garments is really healthy I think. As a blogger, I want to maintain steady production so you guys always have content to be reading, whilst continuing to feel creative and inspired by the clothes on my back. In terms of blogging, stripping things back to basics is a really great way to then feel more motivated and almost refreshed, so that I can carry on producing content I am proud of. Similarly, sometimes in life you need to remove yourself from situations and the busy bustle of your daily life, to just take a breather and refresh. This week, make it your aim to pause for a moment, and refresh your reasons for working hard, and for doing what you do, so you can get back on track and simultaneously become even more productive.

It's been short & sweet, hope you don't mind too much :)
Peace out x


'I tend to be most interested in the kinds of people who do not sweeten or dilute themselves for the sake of people's tastes. Who never soften the blog of who they really are. Like my coffee, I prefer the people I connect with to be full-strength and searing hot. And able to rouse my weary, idle heart.' Beau Taplin / Espresso 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS