Skip to main content

| Time Flies | 25/04/17

Yo guys, it's been a long time since I last wrote to you all. So here's a quick update...

So, I've mostly been completely consumed by the colossal workload that studying at university brings and I've somehow managed to get completely swept away by the time - how is it almost May?!?! I've also been spending a lot of time chilling out and attempting to make the most of these final weeks of my first year as a student. Essentially, I've been hanging out with my friends and George 24/7 watching endless movies, playing computer games that I always lose at, and going on nights out where possible. So I've been both stressed out and also having fun... work hard play hard? (lol cringe soz) - so the blog has taken a little step backward. I do feel guilty for not keeping the blog posts regular at this time of year, but I am really enjoying my university experience, so I'm also kinda glad I've had a small break. But nonetheless, here I am, back at it again with the blog posts.



| OUTFIT | Dress: ASOS| Jeans: ASOS | Shoes: ASOS | Sunglasses: Hindsight Vintage Sunglasses |



With summer soon approaching, I have been going a bit crazy with creating my SS17 wardrobe, and in the attempt of trying not to break the crippling student bank, I thought I'd share with you how I've incorporated the new trends of the season with some of last years pieces to create an everyday spring look - for less. 

The only new item within this look is my blue washed denim jeans. I am actually so obsessed with these at the moment, and with just a glimpse of sun, these frequently are pulled out of the draw. They're a three-quarter-length jean, which I think is so funky and adds a little something different to a simple outfit. I also love the shape of these as they are most similar to the ASOS Farleigh Jean which is my holy grail of jeans. In terms of adhering to the SS17 trends, these jeans have a gorgeous ripped/ fringing effect at the ankle, which in my opinion, looks even better after  few wears and washes - the messy chic vibe (so me). 

I paired them with a khaki green dress that is heavily SS16 with the lace up detailing at the neckline. To be honest, I don't find this dress particularly flattering against my body, however I wanted to give it a go as it is super comfy! 

I chose to wear a pair of sandal boots from last year also, as I didn't get a lot of wear out of them because I became almost peep-toe intolerant lol, and I'm still not a fan of the peep-toe. But again, thought I ought to give them a second chance. These are also super comfortable, and the heel is so walkable too...I need something like this but with the toe covered <3 lol. 

I also popped on my beloved sunnies from Hindsight Vintage Sunglasses. Nuff sed.



I am currently sat in bed with my twinkling fairy lights warmly lit above my bed, with Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine being the soundtrack of my evening and I must admit I am feeling pretty blissful. To be quite honest, this time of year is the most blissful for me, because the sun is boldly shining even if its a bit chilly; the softly pink blossom on the trees smells like all that's good in the world; and the tiny birds are always chirping away early in the morning when I'm sat with my first cuppa of the day (I'm a morning person if you didn't notice). It also indicates that summer is up and coming, which excites me so thoroughly. I have a couple of great things to look forward to this summer, including a few days in a wood cabin with my wonderful friends and a trip away to Spain for a festival with George (I MEAAAAAAN YES PERLEASE), so that alone will make my summer 100X more special than ever. Aside from assignments and an upcoming exam, I feel particularly great with how things are going at the moment, and I can only hope that all is the same for all my lovely readers. I will definitely be keeping you informed with anything cool I get up to (probs not a lot because I am gonna be extremely poor) but I hope to make some fantastic memories with the people I love most. 



Peace out guys, love to you all x x x


'The universe sends us exactly what we are ready for at the exact time we need it in our lives.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...