Skip to main content

Hello November, Cold Weather & Lots Of Layers



Well look who's back?! As it is now officially November, I figured it would only be polite to give the best month in the entire year a big hello. In case you had curiosity as to why I have such strong views on the month of November, I can assure you my excitement is most definitely not because my birthday is the 28th November... definitely.

For the sake of fashion blogging tradition, it is about time I wrote to you all about styling Autumn/Winter layers, and to present to you, my almighty creation. In reality, I just threw this outfit on in the hope it would keep me a little warm amongst the abundance of  5 degree weather. And with a little luck, I was able to blog it. So here we go.





- OUTFIT -
Blouse: Salad (It's second hand so not sure where from)
Knitted Waistcoat: Zara Knitwear
Jeans: Asos
Belt: Not A Clue (no that is not an edgy brand, lol)
Socks: Asos
Trainers: Asos

Essentially, I look like a little bit of a hippie, or cast member from the absolute world class film 'Into The Wild', but nonetheless, it keeps me pretty cosy. Until I step outside and have to add a mammoth sized coat because winter is a real tricky time to remain fashionable. But eh, the coat cannot be mentioned because it does not fit to the theme of this blog post, nor does it look particularly flattering, more like the Michelin man gone viral.


So, whilst I listen to the sweet sound of Eddie Vedder, and contemplate putting another pair of socks on because my feet are beginning to lose all sense of feeling, lets chat.


As you will probably notice, these Asos jeans are becoming a complete staple item in my wardrobe, as they are just so comfortable and fit me really well, I think. They're definitely a relaxed pair of jeans as far as mom jeans go, and the distressing and ripped knees also give it a bit of an edge. so whilst my knees are going to freeze this winter, I will remain comfortable at all times. Success. To add, I have noticed jeans nowadays don't always have belt loops (I'm talking to you Topshop), but these do, so I can add a belt as and when I please to spice these up - thank you Asos.

I am absolutely in love with this blouse and waistcoat combo and although I feel a little like I'm dressing as my future adult self - lol - I am infatuated. This blouse is honestly gorgeous, feels of a good quality piece of clothing and the pattern is really quite divine. The waistcoat, I think, compliments this blouse really well, and just adds a little something, bringing my outfit together nicely.

Trainers. Oh the joys. I have never been the kind of girl to wear trainers, and that's most probably hence why these aren't Nike or Adidas, because I lack in trainer expertise. However, being at University means a lot of walking and my feet were beginning to feel a bit neglected. So I spontaneously purchased these trainers from Asos for £20 (don't quote me but I am almsot certain they were £20) in a mint colour, and boy it was a worthy purchase. I literally wear these every day now, which is a bit of a given because they look like I have walked through a swamp in them - which I haven't - or at least I haven't in a sober state of body/mind. I would 100% recommend you try Asos if youre keen for an inexpensive pair of go to trainers.



As always, here comes the new addition to the blog, where I talk a load of bollocks about cherishing memories and loving earth in the attempt to feel like a moderately good person. But today I just wanted to send out a little message of happiness with the hope it may be relatable to you. So for what its worth I have been thinking a lot about happiness, and what makes people happy. Furthermore, the importance of being honest with your self and occasionally ruthless about who is really making you happy, and if otherwise, removing those negative aspects of your life. I actually think its pretty hard to be completely happy, as life is always tackling us with obstacles and episodes of difficult decision making. And because of that I don't think it is possible to ever be 100% happy, however, overcoming hurdles are made much easier if you have the ability to confide in close ones and take a break completing whichever activity puts a smile on your face. In this crazy and very much brutal world, just try to find your little spot of tranquillity in which can make you feel a sense of happiness and calm.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

Awkward trousers and cats?!

Happy Fashion Friday!  I actually feel like I've not posted in so long... It's only been a week though. Hmm.  So today I thought I would share with you something I've had for a while but it seems is coming back into fashion; flares! I bought these trousers from Asos just under a year ago, and I've not worn them too often, partly because they're such an awkward length that I'm never certain what to wear them with, but also because they're quite adventurous I feel. Since flares are coming back into fashion, these lovelies need to make an appearance!!  I'm going to say these trousers are essentially boot cut length, however I feel they are more like ankle swingers haha! They are undescribably comfortable, and the D ring belt pulls them in at the waistline so they're not sluggish - but stylish! Furthermore, I think in order for you to pull off flares, you need to tone everything down and make your trousers the ultimate statement and prominent aspect of y