Skip to main content

'Jeans and a nice top'

 

 

Afternoon my lovelies! ! ! !

 

 

As you most probably see on social media ALL the time, when you want to remain comfortable and casual but do not opt for leggings or joggers, every girls aim is to find some 'jeans and a nice top' to wear. This is commonly known as the attempt to not look like you've just rolled out of bed but also not like you've been up since 6 finding an appropriate outfit for the day. 

So I thought it would be a grand idea to share with you my current 'jeans and a nice top' styling, particularly as the Autumn chill has definitely arrived. 

Top: Asos
Denim jacket: Heelies
Jeans: Topshop (yep. Basic.) 
Bag: River Island
Shoes: Asos
Accessories: Asos, H&M, Anna Saccone

 
So, as you can see, this is definitely a relaxed outfit that doesn't take too much effort to pull together. But that's kinda what I like most about it, comfort over style - but still stylish! I have also tried my utmost to use my trusty slide on loafers as the centre of this outfit, and colour coordinate accordingly, which I think had created an overall nude look that actually looks relatively flattering, considering it's just jeans and a top with a jacket thrown on top. Looking back, I am largely gutted I didn't take any photos to show you the best top in more detail. It's a really great nude colour, and is just a loose fitting tank top style. However it is long at the front, but has a cutaway at the back to reveal a tiny bit of flesh and to just add a bit of an edge to what could be a plain item. I also would just like to make a point of saying how fricken amazing these loafers are. In fact they are so comfortable I am considering purchasing a second pair, in plain black rather than patterned so that I can really make the most of this comfy shoe by Asos.

 

I hope you all like this look and maybe it can inspire you to find your staple 'jeans and a nice top'.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

Awkward trousers and cats?!

Happy Fashion Friday!  I actually feel like I've not posted in so long... It's only been a week though. Hmm.  So today I thought I would share with you something I've had for a while but it seems is coming back into fashion; flares! I bought these trousers from Asos just under a year ago, and I've not worn them too often, partly because they're such an awkward length that I'm never certain what to wear them with, but also because they're quite adventurous I feel. Since flares are coming back into fashion, these lovelies need to make an appearance!!  I'm going to say these trousers are essentially boot cut length, however I feel they are more like ankle swingers haha! They are undescribably comfortable, and the D ring belt pulls them in at the waistline so they're not sluggish - but stylish! Furthermore, I think in order for you to pull off flares, you need to tone everything down and make your trousers the ultimate statement and prominent aspect of y